- Ground Services
- Saskatoon, SK, CAN
- Full Time
AUTOMOTIVE SERVICE TECHNICIAIN
Celebrating over 25 years of excellence and recognized as one of Canada's 50 Best Managed Companies, West Wind Aviation is Western Canada's largest full-support aviation operation. Devoted to being an Employer of Choice, West Wind Aviation offers rewarding careers in an employee-owned company that exceeds customer's expectations, strives for operational excellence and has a strong employee culture. Due to West Wind's continued growth we are seeking an Automotive Service Technician to join our team in Saskatoon.
As the Automotive Service Technician, you will be responsible for the coordination and completion of all ground vehicle and support equipment maintenance activities. This involves:
- completing all required planned and non-planned maintenance and repairs and responding to specific deficiencies as identified by the Maintenance staff and Production Manager
- assisting in the development and maintenance of a scheduled preventative maintenance inspection and servicing program in regards to ground vehicles and support equipment
- assisting in the development of the budget through equipment planning and identification of other needs
- maintaining the ground equipment parts storage ensuring that supplies are available to minimize downtime of equipment and that the space is clean, organized and efficient.
- coordinating outsourced work in regards to quality, time and cost
- accurate record keeping and ensuring all paperwork is completed with accuracy and on time.
As the successful candidate you possess:
- a Journeyman Automotive Service Technician or equivalent
- knowledge of diesel and gasoline engines and metal fabrication. Welding is considered an asset
- the ability to interpret maintenance requirements with minimal information provided
- the ability to work in a fast paced environment, adapt quickly to change and reprioritize as necessary to meet deadlines and meet company standard
- a proficiency with computers and diagnostic tools
- the ability to work on your own as well as within a team environment along with the ability to partner with other departments to achieve work objectives and deadlines.
West Wind Aviation offers employees: competitive salaries; a comprehensive group benefits plan and matched RRSP contributions; profit sharing and employee referral bonuses along with an employee ownership program. Other benefits include a tool allowance, travel benefits, training and development opportunities, and monthly planned social events.
This is an exciting time to join our team! For more information or to apply on-line, go to www.westwindavation.ca. Deadline for applications is March 28, 2013
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings